- How to Negotiate Your Salary
- Women in Business
These women broke glass ceilings and have helped future generations of leaders and entrepreneurs.
Skimm'd from the Couch
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Eileen Fisher
“I’m always listening to people” – Eileen Fisher, founder of Eileen Fisher, on how she uses her introversion as a strength.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Valerie Jarrett
“Compartmentalizing” – Valerie Jarrett, former Sr. Advisor to President Obama, on the key to maintaining friendships in the workplace.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Erika Nardini
“The job should scare you.” – Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool Sports, on how to decide on a new job.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Hannah Bronfman
LIVE: “Focus on myself” – Hannah Bronfman, founder of HBFIT, on the best thing she ever did for her career.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Poppy Harlow
“I’ve learned how to say no” – Poppy Harlow, CNN anchor, on how being a mom has made her better at her job.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini
“Persistence wins” – actors Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini on advice they got from their moms.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Joi Gordon
“Find your purpose and your passion.” – Joi Gordon, CEO of Dress for Success, on how to pick a career path.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Karla Gallardo and Shilpa Shah
“They have to inspire you every day.” – Shilpa Shah and Karla Gallardo, co-founders of Cuyana, on how to find a cofounder.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Chelsea Handler
“Instinct is everything” – Chelsea Handler, comedian, on knowing it’s time to make a change.
- Skimm’d from the Couch: Tracy Sun
“Failure’s kind of like a hike. When you’re doing it, it really sucks” – Tracy Sun, Cofounder and SVP of New Markets at Poshmark, on being a serial entrepreneur.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Sarah Goldberg
“Imposter syndrome is real. But the joke is that Bill and Henry have it, too.” – Sarah Goldberg, on HBO’s “Barry”, on how everyone fakes it til they make it.
- Skimm'd from the Couch: Sarah Kate Ellis
“Storytelling is a bridge-builder” – President and CEO of GLAAD, on how media can help create change across communities.
- Skimm’d from the Couch: Arlan Hamilton
“It’s not a sob story that gets you the check” – Arlan, Founder of Backstage Capital, on why investing is about where you’re going, not where you’ve been.
- Skimm’d from the Couch: Katia Beauchamp | theSkimm
“You just have to swing for the home run” – Katia Beauchamp, Co-founder and CEO of Birchbox, on what drives her. Listen for more.
- Skimm’d from the Couch: Rebecca Jarvis | theSkimm
“Right now” – Rebecca Jarvis, Chief Business, Tech, and Economics Correspondent at ABC News, on the last time she negotiated for herself. Listen here.
- Skimm’d from the Couch with Peggy Johnson
“Use what you have.” -- Peggy Johnson, EVP of Business Development at Microsoft, on why she decided to negotiate on the run.
- Skimm’d from the Couch with Anu Duggal and Sutian Dong
“Investors want to hear what drives you” -- Anu Duggal and Sutian Dong, Partners of Female Founders Fund, on how to nail your pitch.
- Skimm'd from the Couch with Amber Venz Box
“The yin to your yang” -- Amber Venz Box, Co-founder and President of RewardStyle, on what to look for in a business partner.
- LIVE: Skimm'd from the Couch with Rebecca Minkoff
“Dammit, drag another seat up.” -Rebecca Minkoff, co-founder and creative director of Rebecca Minkoff LLC, on how to advocate for other women at work.
- Skimm'd from the Couch with Arielle Charnas
“The feedback is how I built my business” -- Arielle Charnas, founder of Something Navy, on her approach to criticism.
- Skimm'd from the Couch with Jillian Michaels
"Find a 'why'" -- Jillian Michaels, author and fitness personality, on how to stay focused on your goals.
- Supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander Businesses
We’re highlighting businesses we admire that are founded or run by Asian Americans or Pacific Islanders.
- Supporting Black-owned Businesses
- How to Negotiate Your Salary
- How to Achieve Desk Zen
- How to Start Your Job Search
- Equal Pay Day 2019 Explained
- How to Make Giving a Habit
- Guide to Giving Inspiration
- Companies That Give Back
- Desk Decor: How to Make Your Desk Less Sad