1. BOOK DRIVE PARTICIPATION: theSkimm, Inc. (“theSkimm”) is hosting a book drive campaign as further described on theSkimm’s website at www.theSkimm.com/skimm-guides/faq-on-book-drive (the “Book Drive”), whereby theSkimm is asking participants to send theSkimm a new copy of their favorite childhood book (for ages newborn – 18) along with a note describing why the book is meaningful to them, such that the book and note are received during the Book Drive Period. theSkimm will then organize and deliver all of the books to the Pajama Program, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in New York, NY. For every book theSkimm receives during the Book Drive Period (up to a maximum of 25,000 books), theSkimm will also donate $2 to the Pajama Program (up to a maximum of $50,000). You are invited to participate in the Book Drive, and by participating, you hereby agree to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). There is no purchase necessary to participate in this Book Drive.
2. BOOK DRIVE PERIOD: The Book Drive period commences on December 11, 2017 and runs through December 29, 2017 (the "Book Drive Period").
3. PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS: To participate, you must: (i) be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of commencement of the Book Drive Period; and (ii) send theSkimm a new copy of a favorite childhood book (for ages newborn – 18) along with a note describing why the book is meaningful to you (each of which must be received by theSkimm during the Book Drive Period) to theSkimm’s offices located at:
Attn: Book Drive
50 West 23rd St. Suite 5B
New York, NY 10010
4. PUBLICITY: By participating, except where prohibited by law, you grant to theSkimm and the Pajama Program a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use your name, city, state and biographical material and the submitted note (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or further approval.
5. GENERAL TERMS: By participating in the Book Drive, you agree to be bound by these Terms. theSkimm is not responsible for returned or misdirected submissions on books or damage to any books as part of the Book Drive. For any book received after the end of the Book Drive Period, theSkimm will endeavor, but shall not be required to, deliver such book to the Pajama Program; provided, however, in no event shall theSkimm be required to make an additional monetary donation for any book received after the end of the Book Drive Period. theSkimm does not make any, and hereby disclaims any and all, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Book Drive. Participation in the Book Drive is at your own risk. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation, or the Book Drive, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in New York County, New York, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue with respect to any such disputes not subject to arbitration and for entering judgment of any arbitration award shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York.
6. PARTICIPANT RELEASE: By participating, you agrees to release and hold harmless theSkimm, the Pajama Program and their successors and assigns and each of their respective owners, directors, officers, trustees, employees, consultants and representatives from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Book Drive, including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)).