Some relationships aren’t built to last. Learn how to break up your loans. And never, ever get back together.
Life's full of surprises. Emergency funds save the day when you get the not-so-fun and expensive kind.
Skimm'tionary: Stock Market
S&P, NASDAQ, DJIA...WTF? Here are some of the most important investing terms you need to know.
Every story has a financial angle.
- How Climate Change Can Affect Your Wallet
- What a Struggling Social Security Program Means for Your Finances
- What Repealing Obamacare Could Mean for Your Wallet
- How Tariffs Can Affect Your Wallet
- How Low Birth Rates Could Affect Your Wallet
- What Brexit Could Mean for Your Wallet
- What Falling Bond Yields Can Mean for Your Wallet
- How the Viacom-CBS Merger Could Affect Your Wallet
Viacom and CBS are getting hitched. Here's what that means for your money.
- How to Mind Your Own B (Budget)
Meet the MVP of financial wellness. Here's how to build your budget from the ground up.
- All Hands on Debt
I know the difference between good debt and bad debt, I just want to hear you say it.
- How To OOO Without The Oh No
Whether your ideal getaway is R&R on the beach, outdoor adventuring, or a European escape, it pays to plan. Literally.
- Rainy Day Funds, Explained
Wherever you are on the savings spectrum, building an emergency fund — even from scratch — isn't as huge as you think.
Saving and Investing
Earn. Save. Invest. Repeat.
- Millennial Money: Financial Health for Women
- Investing 101: ETFs, Mutual Funds, and Stocks, Oh My!
- What You Need to Know About the Stock Market
- Picking Savings Goals You’ll Be Motivated to Hit
- theSkimm on Last-Minute Travel Without the Spending Hangover
- How to Get Your Bank Account Ready to Buy a Home
- theSkimm’s Guide to Surviving Wedding Season